Updated Aug. 6, 2011
United States Ski & Snowboard Association (USSA)
A guide to USSA athlete development pipeline documents, updates and USSA / International events
USSA WEBSITE navigation. Here you will find the entire site updated with criteria, race calendars, contacts, teams and important season information. Website will be updated throughout the year. Please use this as your USSA resource. Here is how to access it:
- Click on Nordic
- Click on the picture at the top that says "Cross Country. It will bring you to this page.
- http://nordic.usskiteam.com/cross-country-programs BOOKMARK THIS!
- Select "athlete", "coach", "parent", "official" or "club" There will be similar content under all the tabs or unique if it just applies to that group. Anyone can peruse through any of the sites. All information is open.
If you have a question regarding your USSA or FIS points or ranking, or an event result, please contact USSA directly. Be sure to provide USSA with sufficient details to help you, including those listed below.
- Name of athlete and USSA number (if known)
- Sport (alpine, cross country, freestyle, nordic combined, ski jumping, snowboard)
- USSA or FIS issue
- USSA or FIS event ID (if appropriate and known) or location and date(s)
- Your specific question
USSA Contact: J.J. Ehlers, National Rankings Coordinator: 435.647.2037 (o) or firstname.lastname@example.org
USSA Coaches Education Certification:
Link to USSA L100 Coaches Education certification: Note that NENSA L1 coaches receive significant benefits when working towards the USSA L100 certification. Link to NENSA coaches page for details!
Nat & Int'l Events (US Nationals/SuperTour Series)
USSA U18 / Jr World's / U23 / World Championship Trips
2015 Points standings:
- 2015 U18 Scando Cup Championships - Örnsköldsvik, Sweden–Feb 1 –Feb 11, 2015
- 2015 U23/junior Worlds -Kazakhstan, Jan 26 - Feb 8, 2016. Pre camp runs from Jan 26- Feb 1st, races from Feb 2-8th.
- 2015 OPA cup events-Feb 24-Mar 16th. More info to follow on ussa.org
- 2015 World Championships- Falun, Sweden. Event webpage
Note about Junior qualifying for J1 and Jr Worlds trips: Following is how sprints are scored for Jr Worlds as well as the J1 trip.
1. Final results of the senior heats
2. Then – final results from the junior heats
3. Then – qualification
Following is an example from 2012 Nationals:
- 5 J1 women made the senior heats (1st through 5th, respective by final finish)
- 7 J1/J2 women made the junior heats (places 6th – 12th, respective by final finish)
- 13th – 30th based on their qualification result.
J1's that choose to go to Jr World DO NOT get removed from the scoring. They are scored for both J1 trip and JWSC.