Updated Sep. 23, 2010
Overview of Camps and 'NENSA Travels' Trips
NENSA offers year round training camps, workshops, clinics and out of region trips, ranging from junior and elite level racers, to recreational and master skiers looking to enhance their skiing experience.
While NENSA manages several of these events, we also collaborate with regional clubs and coaches, and USSA to make more opportunities available. A full calendar listing can be found at www.nensa.net/calendar
During the winter months, NENSA may travel to Regional and National competition events or on-snow camps, USSA SuperTour races, U.S. Nationals, and also flelds the New England Team for USSA Junior Nationals. Athletes looking for support at other out of region events can contact Amie Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org for suggestions on acquiring race support.
Self improvement offerings include our one day NENSA Educational Clinics, as well as clinics for skiers new to the sport. These clinics are open to all levels of coaches, athletes, and recreational skiers and many also serve as the pathway to NENSA Coaches Education Certification.
Regional training Group camp (REG)
Designed to bring our top juniors together for training, these are an important a part of the New England Athlete Development Pathway. The Eastern annual REG camp is also one of four in the country that is used as a selection camp for other USSA development camps.
Members of the NENSA Elite and Development and Junior National Teams are eligible to receive invitations to attend these camps. For more information on any of these camps and trips contact Amie Smith at email@example.com
Eastern High School-U16 Regional Camp
NENSA collaborates with regional clubs to offer summer camp discounts to athletes who have attended and placed in the top rankings in the EHS and U16 Championship events of the previous winter season. Nominated athletes are notified about these opportunities in early spring.
USSA offers several camps throughout the summer and fall for qualified /selected athletes. These include the USSA National J2 Invitational Camp, National Elite Training Group camp (NEG) and National Training Group camp (NTG). More info about these camps and the selection criteria can be found at www.ussa.org.
2015 Training Camps, Clinics & Trips-
- 2015 NENSA Eastern Regional Elite Camp (REG)- GMVS, Waitsfield, VT. June 24-30th.
2014 Training Camps, clinics & trips:
- 2014 NENSA Eastern Regional Elite Camp (REG)- Lake Placid, NY. June 25-30th. Camp schedules: REG / U16 REG / Camp rosters | Camp Testing Results: strength | uphill run | agility
- 2014 NENSA Eastern HS/J2 Camp- This camp will be a collaboration with the GMVS junior camps taking place at the end of June. click here for more info
- 2014 Fall USST camp in Lake Placid, NY- NENSA will not have spots at this fall camp. Eligible athletes can contact Amie if you are looking for possible alternatives for a camp spot and I will try to place you with a club that is attending. firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2014 USSA National U16 camp- July 27-Aug 3rd. Jackson Hole, WY.
- 2014 NENSA Travels- stay tuned!
December 4-6, 2015
NENSA Event Organizer & Technical Delegate Seminar
December 10-12, 2015
Maine Winter Sports Center Community Leader Education Workshop
December 13, 2015
Quarry Road Opener
December 19-20, 2015
NENSA EasternCup Opener at Craftsbury - Race Weekend #1
January 3, 2016
Santa\'s Revenge & Resolution Relay