Updated Nov. 18, 2008
NENSA U23 / College / Senior Skier Programs
Training Programs for Post Graduate Skiers:
There are several programs in New England that offer skiing opportunities to PG athletes dedicated to year round nordic ski training and racing. Three of these are professional teams dedicated to creating a lifestyle designed to produce champions :
New England is known for having an abundance of opportunities for athletes looking to ski race while pursuing their academics. EISA and USCSA are two of the Collegiate Skiing Conferences in the East.
Eastern Intercollegiate Ski Association (EISA)
EISA is comprised of 11 member institutions which all sponsor NCAA varsity skiing programs and field teams in men's and women's alpine and cross country skiing. The EISA annually hosts 6 Winter Carnival competitions starting in mid January. Many of the cross country races are USSA NRL and/or FIS sanctioned. All 11 member institutions compete in each Carnival. The season culminates with the EISA Championships at the end of February. The top individuals qualify, based on their season results, for the NCAA Skiing Championships in early March.
Link to EISA
EISA Winter Carnival Opportunities for Non-college skiers
NENSA Carnival Quota - EISA and NENSA have established a system (NENSA Carnival Quota) where Non College athletes can participate in certain EISA Carnival events, if they meet the qualifying criteria.
Qualifying Criteria for NENSA Carnival Quota:
- 6 men and 6 women for individual start distance events and mass start distance events;
- 3 per gender for individual sprint race formats.
- Relay Formats are closed.
- The NENSA Quota is also closed for juniors if there is a NENSA Eastern Cup event on the same weekend as the carnival, however, Seniors may compete if they meet the criteria.
- Current National A Team members can be entered in any EISA (including sprint and mass start events) event any time by contacting NENSA or the host institution.
- NENSA/USSA/FIS points standard for Individual distance and Sprint start races is 120 for men and 150 for women. If there are more qualified athletes then quota spots, athletes with the lowest points will be chosen first. In the event of a tie FIS points trump USSA points which trump NENSA points.
- NENSA/USSA/FIS points standard for Mass start distances races is 80 for men and 100 for women. If there are more qualified athletes then quota spots, athletes with the lowest points will be chosen first. In the event of a tie FIS points trump USSA points which trump NENSA points.
For the mass start distance races, entry exception is made for the following: (updated 4/10)
- USST World Cup team
- USST Continental cup team
- USST World Junior/U23 team members
- USST Senior A team Nordic Combine team members
- USBA Senior A team members
For all Quota races:
- The athlete must have met the standard on the current USSA or FIS list (USSA/FIS Distance list for distance races; USSA/FIS sprint list for sprint races.)
- Athletes may also qualify using NENSA points. The average of their two best results in the past calendar year in the discipline they want to race must meet the standard.
- In addition to the points standard an athlete that has qualified to represent their country at World Juniors or the U23 Championships in that season and do not meet any of the points standards can race under the NENSA quota.
Interested athletes who meet the criteria should contact Amie Smith, NENSA High Performance Director, no later than the Tuesday 3:00 PM prior to the carnival, in order to be considered for entry - email@example.com
United States Collegiate Ski and Snowboard Association (USCSA)
The USCSA is the sports federation for collegiate team ski racing and snowboard competition in America. The USCSA provides competition and development opportunities for student/athletes in a team atmosphere leading toward National Titles in Alpine racing, Cross-Country racing and Snowboarding. Link to USCSA
February 13, 2016
Flying Moose Classic
February 13-14, 2016
Nordic Rendezvous and Back to the Barn Tour-CANCELED
February 13, 2016
Waterville Valley Nordic Women's Clinic
February 14, 2016
Valentines Paintball Race
February 14, 2016
Stowe Nordic Mini Enduro (New Date)