The Development Team is named based upon regional results. The Development Team is nominated once a year.
- The top 5 ranking skiers on the season-ending USSA Rankings list in the U18, U20, U23 and SR age-groups who are also ranked in the top half of all competitors overall (excluding those named to the Elite Team).
- All U16s who make the New England JN Team.
- College athletes who place 6th through 15th on the EISA Final Combined Ranking List.
- In addition, up to a total of 10 males and 10 females may be named at the discretion of the Athlete Development Committee.
NENSA Development Team Requirements:
In order to accept a position on the Development Team an athlete must agree to
- Represent New England in any national level competition, in addition to their home club and must show Eastern designation on their USSA license.
- Must belong to a NENSA club.
- Must be an active NENSA member
NENSA Development Team Support:
- All U18, U20, and U23 athletes named have the potential to be invited to the summer NENSA Elite Team camps.
- Through a collaborative effort, NENSA and designated regional clubs will host Devo Team Training days and opportunities through summer and fall. Watch for specific announcements.
- The NENSA Devo Team headband – that you can wear proudly knowing you are a part of a select group of skiers here in New England.
Competitive Program Director, Justin Beckwith and the Athletic Development Committee (ADC) oversee this program. Questions? Contact [email protected]