2020 | NENSA Championship Event Bid Information
This page includes bid information for:
- Championship Events:
- Eastern High School Championships
- U16 Eastern Championships
NENSA CHAMPIONSHIP EVENTS
The NENSA Championship events each provide a weekend of exciting racing for New England and guest U16’s, and High School age skiers. The U16 and Eastern High School Championship events are viewed as a model by programs from divisions across the country and serve as a crucial development step for our younger skiers, bridging the gap from BKL participation to Junior racing.
NENSA U16 (Under 16) Eastern Championships
- The U16 Eastern Championships has long history of being one of the most exciting winter sporting events for youth anywhere. The four New England states and New York each qualify their fastest twenty four* 14-15 year old boys and girls. *Quota has been increased to 24 from 20, beginning in 2015. Four races ensue over 2 1/2 days. Seeded wave starts ensure match racing at its finest. This event typically invites teams from other Divisions and Canada. These skiers compete under the Guest class.
- Link to full event rules and information here (must read prior to bid submission)
NENSA Eastern High School Championship
- The NENSA Eastern High School Championships (EHSC) is the premier event for high school and prep school racers in New England and New York. The goal of the EHSC is to provide the highest quality competition for high school-aged athletes representing their state teams. Athletes qualify for the EHSC through independent state qualifying races (ME, NH, VT, MA, NY). Up to 24 boys and 24 girls are selected for each state team. Guest teams from other U.S. states, Canada and other nations are also invited to participate.
All of the event specifications and rules can be found here for U16 Eastern Championships and here the EHS Championships. These rules documents contain a detailed description of what is required to run these events and are a must read for anyone wishing to submit a bid.
- New last year, we will begin bidding 2 years out for our Championship Events, the U16 Eastern Championships and Eastern High School Championships. This will enable clubs to have more time to prepare for these events, but also more time to solicit sponsorships. For 2019, the host sites have already been chosen. U16 Eastern Championships will be held March 8-10th in Bethel, Maine, and Eastern HS Championships will be held March 15-17th in Fort Kent, Maine. This year bids will be submitted for 2020.
- Bidding will open in April 2018 for your events to be named to the 2020 Championship Events. All bids due by May 1st.
- Organizers must read and adhere to the EHSC Rules Document and or the U16 Rules.
- The organizer is responsible for TD & TDA fee of $100 per day, mileage, room & board
- NENSA head tax fee is $20 per racer (due after event held)